This recipe is incredible for toddlers and new babies eating solids. While opening the door to a brand new world of food, Banana Bread seems to be a common ground as one of baby’s favourite foods.
Rivalling even your grandma’s recipe passed down through generations, this special edition banana bread not only tastes good, but you can feel good about providing a healthy snack option to your children. You might even already have these ingredients in your cupboard - it’s that easy!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 1 Loaf
1/3 Cup Butter
¾ Cup Sugar
3 Ripe Average Size Bananas
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
½ Tsp Salt
1 ½ Cups Flour
**Add ¾ Cup Walnuts or Pecans if you’d like**
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, melt the butter.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Peel and place the bananas in the mixing bowl with the butter/sugar mixture. Mash them with a potato masher or fork and mix in.
- Stir in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix in the flour until the mixture comes together.
- If you are adding nuts stir them in with the flour.
- Dump the batter in the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the centre of your preheated oven for 20 minutes, tent with foil and bake for another 25 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean.
- Cool in the loaf pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes at least before loosening the edges and turning out.
- Cool and eat!
An average size banana to me is roughly 6-7 inches long. 3 ripe bananas give you about 1 cup to 1 1/4 cups mashed bananas.
There you have it, delicious and decadent banana bread. If you really LOAF it as much as we do, you can double up! This recipe doubles up seamlessly so you can make two loaves.